• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN35N Ultra400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bashar

I just got a combo mobo/cpu today from Fry's. Its a AN35N ultra400 mobo with a retail AMD 2700+ (with fan and 3 year warnt) for $149. I looked around and that price looks like a good deal. I did a search here but did not find what I was after so here are a few things I would like to know.

1- My CPU runs at 333 so from what I understand if I get PC3200 that runs at 200Mhz it will only run the speed of PC2700 (166Mhz) if I dont OC my mobo? So the only reason for getting PC3200 over PC2700 would be price or if I plan on OC my mobo.

2- I read people talking about troubles with the nforce2 chip set and ATI cards. Is that just a few people that have had troubles or something that I have to look out for since I have a 9500pro?

3- I now have 1gig ( 2x512 )of kingston PC2100. Would it be better to get 512 of the faster stuff? Or would it be about the same?

Sorry if this stuff is basic but its been awhile since I did a mobo and cpu upgrade and things have changed alot.

U will run tighter timings ( if u OC) with the pc3200 and keep ur speed with 200. just keep the settings to" by spd" if u don't want to over clock.At the same time keeping ur CPU at 166 if u wish.PC3200 will be faster in the final result.

Back