• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best ram for 2500+M oc ($200/gig range)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nukemall

No Classified access for me
Im about ready to buy myself all the parts for my new rig but im once again lost on what kind of ram to get. I was planing to get a gig of patriot ram, but it has gotten pritty expensive. Whats the best stuff in the lower 200$ range for a 2500+ mobile? (motherboard will be a NF7)

Suma said:
How about some Kingston Value Ram with BH-6s, you can see my thread.

Suma.

NF7 has 3 slots. He won't be able to get a gig in that board if he can find it at all.

no links, you'll need to go shopping at best buy and circuit city; look for the memory that has the bh-6 modules on it. good luck

asdasd said:
no links, you'll need to go shopping at best buy and circuit city; look for the memory that has the bh-6 modules on it. good luck

If you want a gig, the value ram idea isn't going to work for you. I haven't heard of anyone finding a 512 stick with BH-6. Just the 256 sticks.

i guess i can settle for 768megs but dose it work very well with 3 sticks of ram the same size?

Wow this is probably the fifth post today I've typed in concerning Kreton RAM. (i don't visit here often)

Not many people know much about it, maybe I was the ginuea pig on this one. Anyways I cannot say enough good things about it I have yet to see other RAM obtain the same speeds (stable of course!) on a comparable Athlon system. I'll let the image below speak for itself:

mem.jpg

The above is 100% stable both Prime95 and MemTest86. The image was taken at 230fsb w/ 2.5CL - 3 - 3 - 11 timings.

It's done 245mhz FSB stable at CAS3 (MemTes86), but Prime95 fails because my chipset cannot support those speeds.

See the other post in this section concerning Kreton RAM for more info about what speeds are stable. Hope this helps.

I thought Id jump on and second the kreton ram I ordered some from newegg yesterday. Let you know how it works out when I get it.

Back