• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obsolete

Hrmmm.........Well I'm completely astounded. Last night, I turn my pc on..........Dumb move, but I forgot to plug my pump in. Turned my pc on & it shut down (overheated). I'm like wtf is going on. After turning it on a few times & it overheating cause the pump was unplugged I figured it out. (lot on my mind, don't ask). So I plug the pump in (gee George where did all the rabbits go?!) & then I had a plug that was not connected. I was checking voltages with my multimeter. I also was checking voltages through my plug that hooks up to my mobo. No biggy right?! Voltages read in a little over 12 volts. Little over 5 volts. Little over 3.3 volts. Looks good!! (was not under load) So I proceeded to boot into windows & received system disk failure, please enter system disk. I'm thinking WTF?!?! My spare HD was plugged in & it was not even picking that up. So I swapped the spare HD into this PC & it would not read it. I'm thinking, "oh great it's fried". So that HD does not work. My SATA HD is not being read like it's completely wiped out?!?! (but it's being picked up through the silicon raid controller on my DFI Lanpart Ultra B)

WTF is going on? You think my CPU overheating caused my Hd to fry & wiped out my SATA HD?!?!?

I dont think this is the correct forum, but i know its a stupid question but are is there a floppy disc in the drive i think that could cause a bad system disc error

Well I'm thinking it is CPU related, that is why I stuck it in here.......Only other thing I can think of is when I booted my PC up I unplugged the power cord for my HDD & left the IDE cable in........But I have done that before, I dunno does not make sense. Maybe when I was checking voltages with my multimeter, but even still that does not make sense.......

Oh, & no I did not even have a floppy drive hooked up & it was set as none in bios under standard options.

Back