• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

13x multiplier on A7V333?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vaneesbe

Registered
I just purchased an Athlon XP-M mobile barton. 2500+ with a 266 FSB. That should default to a multiplier above 12.5x, but I still only get 5-12.5x multipliers in the bios on my A7V333. What gives?

Now I'm limited to 170x12.5 = 2125Mhz, which sucks compared to the potential of these chips. My FSB is not stable any higher.

I'm running the latest bios - 1018 beta. I can't find an option in my bios to accept the default multiplier and FSB settings of the CPU - I absolutely cannot get multipliers above 12.5x, even though this CPU requires one by default. What is Asus' malfunction?

???

If you are running at 170 clock speed this means you are running at 340 MHz FSB. That is quite an increase over 266. What kind of ram are you running and what kind of temps are you running. Also what is you vcore and Vdimm set to. You could try decreasing your multiplier and increasing your FSB. But that is only if you have an unlocked processor.

He is talking about the speed of the Ram or the speed of the proc. Most chips run at 266 fsb (like the xp series before the barton core) or i.e. pc2100 (266) or pc2700 (333), and so on. If you have Pc2100, pc2700 then you are running the ram higher then it usually likes, but that depends on the ram also. My Corsair pc2700 runs about 190+ or about 380fsb. That is way out of spec, but it is good ram. My board has the kt600 chipset and that is ok since it is a 200,266,333,400 fsb capable, but doesn't mean that my 2400+ is a 400fsb chip, it is supposed to be a 266 fsb chip.

Last edited:
Exactly

Just because the board is 333 based doesn't mean you can run a processor with a 266 FSB at 340 FSB. Once you hit a clock speed of 160 on this board it sets ram and FSB syncronous which means that are running at the same speed. So right no you are running the FSB and the ram at 340 MHZ. If you have PC2700 ram, it will probably do it but the processor will not like it's FSB at 340. Sorry if I offended you, I was just trying to help. I thought thats what people came to these forums for.

Back