• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on mem bandwidth on A64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

I am running a 3000 on an MSI K8T NEO. I realize the A64 VIA boards do not offer dual channel.

I have just got the rig together it works great but I am getting low mem bandwidth scores. Like 2600/2500. I scored 3300/3200 with my Nforce2 setup and a bit better.

Currently I am running the setup at default settings

Any suggestions comments are welcomed. I do have the VIA 4 in1's installed, have not updated bios yet on board

A64 3000+
MSI K8T NEO
Radeon 9800 Pro
2x512 Hynix pc3200 w BT-D43chips(hit 300fsb at 5:4 on P4 2.4C)
36 GB Raptor sata
160 GB Segate sata
Pioneer A05U
48x24x48 LG dvd/cdrw
Antec 1040 w 400 w psu

I have an athlon64 3200+ and some crappy kingston pc2700 valuse ram. I score around 2100-2200. I hope that increases when I get my new ram.

--Josh

well after some tweaking I am closing in on 3000 mark now which I guess is normal since it is single channel .....

all else aside I love the setup

CK

Cisco Kid said:
well after some tweaking I am closing in on 3000 mark now which I guess is normal since it is single channel .....

all else aside I love the setup

CK

How did you tweak it? Did you drop the mutiplier and raise the htt? What are you running at right now? Off topic but what do you score on 3dmark01 and 03? I just curious beacause im considering changing videocards and I have an atlon 64 also.

--Josh

Z YA LTR said:

How did you tweak it? Did you drop the mutiplier and raise the htt? What are you running at right now? Off topic but what do you score on 3dmark01 and 03? I just curious beacause im considering changing videocards and I have an atlon 64 also.

--Josh

tweaking I played with mem settings and I have raised my fsb, I run a 9800 Pro and last time I ran the system everything at defualt I scored 18700, I expect I can get very close to the 20K mark if I raise fsb to 220. At 210 system runs prime fine no issues whatsoever. There are some issues with raprots and the high fsb , I do not wanna be doing a format any time soon I just can not be bothered. Ram is set to DDR 400, my Hynix ram is really working well in system considering alot of reports of issues with the so called name brand ram like corsair, mushkin or oCZ. I have not run 3D03 yet or Aquamark only 01. I expect 03 should give me a score similar to my P4 setup (a 2.4C benched at 3.2) gave me 6000 with a 9800 non pro running the omega hack drivers so its core/mem was a pro .

Hope this helps, so far I like the A64 setup. Everything installed without a hitch. Multi is locked on the A64 3000 as far as I can tell it is only open on the 3200 and 3400 or the FX line from what I understand. If I am wrong someone tell me where to access it in the bios cause I do not think you can. Only way to o/c is via fsb....

CK

I know on the 3200's you can only lower the multi and not raise it. So I can go 10 or lower.

--Josh

Back