• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DLT3C or DL3TC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbuck

I'm looking for the super overclocker (1700+ or 1800+). I originally was only looking for the DLT3C because that's what I thought it was, but now I see the DL3TC for sale (and they say it's the super OC'er).

So which one is it? Is it both?

If you're looking for "super overclocker" then you're looking for Newegg's Mobile XP2400/2500/2600+.

I think they're called DLT3C, not DL3TC. I could be wrong tho.

But yeah if your mobo supports Bartons, then get the Mobile

In any case get the mobile
they will work.

and he's right, there's no such thing as a DL3TC. the DLT3C are just representation of chip's properties, like packaging, default voltage, temp, cache size and default FSB.

Well I was picking the 1700/1800+ over the Barton based on my motherboard. While it does support the Barton, I don't believe my setup will do very well with higher FSB. So I just planned on getting a T-Bred B, putting the FSB at 166 (so the divider kicks in) and then just playing with the multipliers from there.

If I got the Barton, I would just leave the FSB default at 166, and maybe mess with the multis a little bit. So I felt it would be better to go with the Tbred-B.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance,

-YB

Where are you going to find an unlocked 1700/1800 DLT3C nowadays?
If you do make sure it's DLT3C xxxxB (not A)

All 2100+ B's are unlocked and are cheaper than mobiles but not by much and remember Bartons have twice the cache of T-Breds which itself is worth about 100 MHz extra right from the start.

ok the man asked about the steppings....not whether to get a mobile barton....I tried asking nearly the same question a day or so ago and I got a ton of replies on mobile bartons....Seriously....answer his question....not what you "think" would be better.

c627627 said:
Where are you going to find an unlocked 1700/1800 DLT3C nowadays?
If you do make sure it's DLT3C xxxxB (not A)

All 2100+ B's are unlocked and are cheaper than mobiles but not by much and remember Bartons have twice the cache of T-Breds which itself is worth about 100 MHz extra right from the start.

I have multiple places where I can get DLT3C JIUHB (both 1800+ and 1700+).

I would get a Barton if it was a good choice for my current motherboard/RAM setup. To me, it doesn't look like it would be a good choice, which is why I'm going with one of the T-bred B superchips. Now, if some people can explain to me how a Barton would fit well into my system for overclocking, then I would love to hear it.

Also, aren't there multiplier problems on the new bartons (or maybe it's just the mobiles) where you can only access one multiplier range with some of the "older" boards like I got.

FYI the mobile bartons have unlocked multipliers (on your mobo from x5-x12.5, and using GCPUID (My sig, red link) upto x13.5-x15, depending which chip you buy). And the mobile bartons have "default" fsb of 133MHz.
Your motherboard should at least be able to do 166MHz FSB, so you will be able to overclock with the barton, just as well, if not even better (due to GCPUID) than with a Tbred.

So what kind of temps are these new Barton Mobiles running... compared to the DLT3Cs? Would a new HS/F be recommended over what I got now?

And, what kind of speeds are people hitting with these on air, and what kind of voltage?

The AX-7 is an awesome heatsink, I have one, I lapped it (have to relap it now coz my stupid Tbird left a very noticable imprint of what's printed on the core on the base of the heatsink)
and its a very good, and capable cooler. You will not need a new HSF anytime soon

Hm.. AX-7 is copper based Aluminum heatsink, not all copper, I'm sure it's much better than competition, but I wonder how it compares to all-copper SK-7 and other all copper Thermalrights.

well it was once at the top rank of CPU coolers :) it has 0.28C/W while the best of the best SLK-900 has 0.22. so the temp difference will not be more than 3-4C tops with the best sink.

Back