• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Rads?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkp0lice

I've got a WC kit on it's way. DTEK TC4 block, Lydor L30, BlackIce Extreme. Problem is that I don't thinkt he rad is big enough to handle my P4, hoping to do 3.8Ghz after volt mods on the mobo.

Also, the exhaust fans @ the back of my case are running @ 7v, so I'm wondering if buying another rad, 2x 120mm would help much, or would it add too much backpressure into the system? I'll only be blowing a 120mm fan @ 7v over the bigger rad.

The radiator will be fine, obviously if you got another one and ran them in parrallel, it would be better, but I don't think you'd gain a whole lot.

It's a used kit, TC4, Rad, L30, bay rez, watter wetter, lots of tubing and all mounting equipment... good deal for $100 I think?

Spiffster said:
Yes that is a good price, where did you get if from?

Hardforums :D

Hmm... guess I'll have to see when it gets here... Most ppl use full speed 12v 120mm intake fans, or now I'm seeing more ppl use dual 120mm fans, I doubt a dinky 120x120x25mm rad with a slow 7v fan would cut it.

Another thing, does water wetter leave permanent stains on vinyl or tygon tubing? I know it turns silicon tubing pink...

It left liek a white film on my clearflex, I just use antifreeze and food coloring now.

Doesn't antifreeze hinder performance slightly? I heard that soap is good, but something about that doesn't sit well with me.

Soap would be bad. Very bad.

Antifreeze will if you use too much. I use about 10% dex-cool and it doesn't effect my temps at all.

Soap lowers the surface tension of water, which is basically what all the other addictives do.. The only thing is that soap probably won't be stable over long periods of time.

Back