• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a Dragon+ kt600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ughghhg dip switches. Their flagship motherboard uses dipswitches! NOOOO!!! I was going to get this board to upgrade my KT333 (I love soyo's as much as I love asus because they make rock solid boards). But the dipswitch thing makes me think... I heard they are located in a very hard to get place on the mobo too.

I too am interested in results!

So far this MOBO rocks! As far as the switches go, they are not hard to find nor change. I just have not done my homework yet to see what the best settings are for O/C'ing. I will play w/ the multipliers first then try a combo of FSB and Multi. I have gotten cautious in the past little while, thats why I am not as Zealous an Overclocker as I used to be.

The switches are pretty easy to get to for me. Hey Puer Aeternus, i finaly got my comp up and running but unfortunatly i cant overclock for crap:(. Ive got a locked barton so i cant even use the switches:mad:. For some reason i cant go any higher then 170 FSB. Everything under that is just fine but over that and i cant even get past the soyo splash screen:cry:. As soon as i can get another 100 beans gatherd up im going to pick up a barton xp-m.

Funny, I was just watching Faris Beulers day off the other day while I was sick and commented to my friend I was Cameron and he was Faris as he got me out of the house to see Dawn of the Dead.:D

I was looking at my switches and thinking it was high time I try a O/C. I have a dilema in terms of FSB. My current mem is 1 gig of 2700 Azen ddr and my other machine is 512 mb 3200 kingston ddr. I know the kingston is better, faster and my SOYO board would prefer it for higher O/C. But am i willing to sacrifice 1 gig of ddr for a faster stick of 512?

Suggestions?

yeah those dip switches are annoying and for me in a bad place seems my IDE cable semi blocks them so its a tight squeeze to get my fingers in there. If I'm not mistaken didn't the KT400 use the BIOS for multi? Why change that to dip switches?

I'd love to look up the particulars but I got my 2500+ up to 2.13GHz by increasing the bus speed. I can't look up the particulars because Soyo received by KT600 Dragon Plus under warranty on Jan 3 and they still haven't shipped it back (12 business days later). I love the board but I'm not so fond of Soyo itself.

The incredible thing is my wife is so ready to get me off of her computer that I think she may let me buy a new mobo ye local computer shoppe if it doesn't get here soon.

Update! I got my mobo back on 1/20. Soyo took every bit of the 12 business days to get my mobo back, but it works and it is rock solid. One thing though, I can only OC to 2.09Ghz. I cranked the FSB to 190 and it is stable. 191 and it breaks in Sandra fairly quickly. Still the temps are good and performance is on par with a 3200+.

Mem And Cpu Speeds

Bumped up my FSB speed to 170. Both the cpu and memory are now OCd.
Is there a way to not OC the FSB of the memory and only OC the cpu on this board? Had the FBS up to 180 but the machine wanted to restart a few times;) TY Bob
AMD 2800xp Baton
2 512mb Ultra pc 3200
128mb ATI Radeon 9600XT

Back