• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S or DFI Infinity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilscow22

ok i want to get a new mobo for my birthday and im having trouble deciding, i think im eather going to get the infinity or the nf7-s. i would like people to post the pros and cons of each mobo or suggestions of a different board. i dont whant to have to do any mods that involve soldering and that type of thing(yet) but im fine with adding syncs and other easyer mods.im pretty new to overclocking and i would like something that will let me do basic overclocking but also will have room for more after i get more experianced. current specs

unlocked barton 2800
radeon 9800 pro 128mb
80 gig WD hd
dvd burner
cd burner
512 corsair DDR400
albatron km18gpro nforce2 mobo

thanks for the help any and all suggestions welcome!

NF7
___

Pros: Much more powerful than DFI at any configuration unless it breaks 500mhz on the FSB
High V-core support

Cons: Very difficult to use.
Unforgiving
Lots of mods needed for it to shine
Low FSB range

Typical Mods: L12 (pin-mod trick)
MOFSET cooling
SB passive cooling
VDD mod
VDIMM mod
New NB cooler

DFI
____

Pros: High overclocks
Very forgiving
Lots of *useful* BIOS features
No mods required for OCing
High VDIMM support
High FSB range

Cons: Not well established
Lots of known issues ranging from no POST to NIC
Poor BIOS (MUST use modded BIOS!!!)
Poor NB controller (fast but horribly inefficiant)
Low V-core support
Poor performance vs. the NF7 on a clock-for-clock basis

Typical Mods: Unknown (NF7 user)

i vote for teh nf7-s. Das ma baby. :D. I would like to give the DFI a shot. But if my nf7-s died right this second i would be on newegg ordering a replacement. nf7 all the way. Now with tic-tacs new bios the only downfall this board had is fixed. Woot!!

J.

Back