• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone heard of Kreton Memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Z YA LTR

Heres the link . I was thinking about buying two sticks of this and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this brand.

--Josh

No, never.
I'm DEFINITELY considering buying at least one stick of the 3500 for my A64 3000/3200 (haven't decided yet). Absolutely insane pricing... if it performs as stated, (with that lifetime warranty) Corsair and Kingston and Mushkin will have a certain competitor (at roughly half the price).

I went ahead and ordered 2 sticks of the 3500 for my athlon 64 3200. I will check them out and see if they are worth anything. That lifetime warranty sounds so good.

--Josh

Keep us updated with the memory. I just rma'd my Patriot ram and am now in the market for something new, cheap, and runs low timings.

My sticks are supposed to be here tomorrow. So here we go. Im pretty excited to check them out. I will post up what I think about them with in the next few days.

--Josh

Wow some people must have missed my posts (in other threads) concerning this memory. I have been using 1GB of their PC3500 RAM in my system for at least a couple months now.

If I had two words to describe them it would be --- simply amazing. At this price, I doubt anyone can compete.

mem.jpg

I'll let the image speak for itself. 100% stable in Memtest86, Prime95, you name it. I have yet to see anyone post speeds higher than that on a comparable Athlon system.

I can't think of any other memory other than BH-5 that can obtain these speeds. This RAM does CL2 - 3 - 3 - 7 up to 219 mhz fsb stable (MemTest86 tested throughout).

It does CL2 - 2 - 2 - 5 up to 201 mhz FSB, although this didn't net me the highest speeds in Sandra.

I've tested CL3 - 3 - 3 - 7 up to 245mhz stable. Memtest86 runs all day and night at this speeds, but it fails Prime95, because my chipset will not even post past 245mhz FSB.

I found my highest RAM bandwidth was with 230fsb at 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 11 timings.

I hope this helps. I am 110% satisfied with this RAM at the current price. In my opinion, this RAM wins in the price per performance category, hands down.

adelphia83: Awesome man! Sorry, I didnt notice the thread you had made. Results look amazing. I cant wait to run these on my athlon 64.

--Josh

Definately let us know how it goes! For a while I was starting to think I was the only person who used this RAM.

I really hope I got the word out, because this is a really great deal, one that suprised me, because I had no idea what to expect. It definately surpassed all expectations. At well under 200$ for a gig, it's unbeatable.

I hope to see some more posts / scores concerning this RAM in the near future. Good luck!

Nothing competes at that price eh? I went out and bought 1GB PC-2700 Kingston ValuRam today for $100 after rebate at circuit city.:)

JDizzle said:
Nothing competes at that price eh? I went out and bought 1GB PC-2700 Kingston ValuRam today for $100 after rebate at circuit city.:)

But it's pc2700! It's worth like a couple steaks at outback :p

Back