• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I painted my "The Double Heater Core" with $3 spray paint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

Covered with masking tape, sprayed, dried, sprayed and dried again. One more layer would have been better though.

Original:
dbl_heater_core_lg.jpg

Like I said, the bottom part could have used an extra layer of paint. Oh well, at least it looks a lot better than the original pic with blotches of brass and silver :)

Thanks, I didn't expect it to get so shiny!

Make sure you put at least 3 layers tho, and put that masking tape on carefully.

how exactly did you put those barbs on? I am thinking about doing a similart thing to my res but all of the barbs I have currenly are threaded.

Ford blue? Nah! I just picked up the cheapest can of spray paint that I laid my eyes on in Home Depot. :)

Posidon42: www.dangerden.com sells them with the barbs already soldered on. Your choice of 1/2" or 3/8".

I jsut carefully wrapped masking tape around them to prevent paint from getting on.

yeah, but that won't help me. You see I want to remove the tubing all together and put the barbs in differet locations. Believe me when you see it you will be "why didn't I think of that".

yes yes, I am going to use tubing. I am going to mount the hose barbs directly to the rad but not using the stock tubing locations. That is all I meant.

BTY that rad looks pretty neat.

Busty St. Clair said:
man thats nice is that regular spray paint?

No, it's not regular spray paint, it's the cheapest stuff on the shelf! :) I'll see if I can make a pic of the spray paint can for you tomorrow :)

He probably did the same thing I had to: remove those drives. I only had two hard drives and two optical drives so everything I needed fit in the upper bays.

Back