• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CH-5 not that bad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

Have been playing around with my TwinMOS 512mb Winbond CH-5 stick. It was very cheap no fills stick.

I thought these were voltage regulated on chip, don't understand it. Right now I have it running 237mhz 2-3-2-5 with 3.2v in my AI7 motherboard. It has passed an hour of memtest86
At 240mhz errors showed up.
With 3.2v I had it running 2-2-2-5 at 205mhz, at 210mhz i got a couple of errors.

Doesn't like PAT much, running 667 strap the computer wouldn't boot. With 800 strap I was able to run SR, but does not like doing it at high mhz.

We all know that BH-5 is better. Really though CH-5 isnt as bad as alot of people make it out to be.

Seemed ok with 5:4 divider at 190mhz. I can't go any further since I has a 3.2c

I don't have two sticks of CH-5, but I did run it dual channel with a one BH-5 stick and was error free for 1 and a half hours till I stopped the test, all at 2-3-2-5 - 231mhz - 3.2v

Last edited:
Your unbuffered mb/s with memtest86 looks awefully low, and one pass took 30minutes. I ran the test in single channel and have 1900mb/s unbuffered, in 30mintues I can get 6 passes.

I dont have my BH-5's anymore :( so im settling for CH-5, just got to get another few sticks. This value Twinmos ram with CH-5 is just as good as any.

My TwinMOS Can do 230 @ 3.2v too, but cas 2.5, I'll have to try then again on my new DFI board when I get it.

Anyways, nice to know!
Also, the Memory Bandwidth on an AMD based system is really inflected by the cpu's speed (MHZ's). I can run 230x7 and 230x10 and there's a 500 sandra pts difference!

Suma.

it might have something to do with the 5:4 divider I was using... my locked XP2500+ will not go 227MHz x 11... I'm waiting on my unlocked XP-M 2500!

Back