• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking Barton2500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L&M

I know I've seen it somewhere arround here ,but I can't find it.
Can you give me some links on "how to unlock the multiplier of a Barton2500"?Maybe one with pics and details?I really want to try it.
Thanks.

You can't really unlock it.
You can turn it into a mobile CPU, but it won't do you any good as changing multipliers on the fly on a nForce2 board isn't working.
I suggest sell your barton on ebay and get a mobile xp2400/2500/2600+ on newegg. That's your only way of getting an unlocked chip.

mobile XP2400+ should overclock just about the same, so consider that one too.
No they don't have mobile chips that have 333FSB, but it doesn't matter as you're gonna be overclocking.

I just saw the freqv. on all three procesors.The 2600 has the highest freqv.Don't you think that 2600 would get higher freqv when overclocked?Should I get one of that?

whatever you get will be an awesome overclocker and will mostly depend on the stepping you get and not the default speed of a CPU.

Do the mobils have a shorter pipeline then the desktops? And if so if u put a mobil chip up against a desktop chip of the same speed will there b any performance gains or looses by runnimg the m-version??

The mobile Barton is just the same as the regular one, only it is cherry picked, as it has to do about 1.85GHz at only 1.45v

Older Bartons (before Week 36, I think) are unlocked. Newer Bartons (after Week 36) are core locked. It is absolutely impossible to unlock them. The Mobile Bartons can have a wire mod (like the one you linked) to allow access to all multipliers.

my friend i have a barton in one of my pcs an i did the method above and my barton is week 40 adn i unlock it!

not all bartons were locked at first. from week 39-42 there were maany unlocked chips, but since 43 everything is locked.
Also I dunno what you did as your 2800+ has a x12.5 and doesn't requiere any wire tricks. the link you sent us to is to get a x13 or higher multiplier chip to post from x5-x12.5 on mobos that don't support 5fid bit multiplier changes... It isn't called unlocking.

I orderred a mobile 2500 on NewEgg.Do I have to modd anything to it before I put it in the socket or I'll just leave it the way it is?

Abit, Soltek and DFI are the nForce2 mobos that require no modding to post all multipliers on unlocked CPUs.

You have Abit, so you're fine, just leave it the way it is. Good luck.

Isn't there something called a speed strip that jumpers the L1 and L2 at the CPU in order to unlock the barton? Read it on PC modder or CPU magazine. Similiar to the pencil trick?

It only works on old factory unlocked CPUs when the mobo itself can't post certain multipliers.

Back