• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 - Whitewater - RBX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

Not entirely sure which block i want, since they are kind of suited better for different applications. I kind of want to get a RBX or Whitewater, since so many people have used them here with great results on heatercore systems. on the other hand, the Maze 4 is better suited to remove the heat from a peliter setup which i may or may not wish to use later on. im not sure if a peltier will be worthwhile, but if i pick up a mobile barton sometime soon, i want to be prepared to cool that sucker at upwards of 2700 mhz or more.

My tbred is capable of hitting 2500 right now on air cooling. water cooling is the next logical step, since i do not wish to endure the high pitch misery of a tornado if i can avoid it.
so, my water setup has to be able to cool down the current load, as well as possible future load.
mobile barton, athlon 64 xxxx, or prescott.

which block would be the best value buy with this in mind? i know either of these blocks will do the job pretty well. they will all cool down 2500+ mhz with a minimal noise level. they are all 40-50 bucks american and they all have the option to use 1/2" ID tubing.

Also. im a little lost for what GPU block i want to use. the maxe 4 seems to be pretty standard these days. are there any better blocks i should be looking at?

my system is going to be based on a dual fan *push pull* Chevette core, MCP600 and 1/1" tubing. Ill probably use a T-line as its much easier to stuff into my already small case. I could use a MAG-3 pump, but the only place i can put it will very likely be occupied by a Promise FastTracker 4000 raid controller, and a new audigy 2.

the money comes next month. the place to do the mods to my case is also available via a friend with a lot of tools. the disign work is in place... now i just need the guts. then i can have the glory ^^.

The Swiftech MCW50 is another good GPU block option. I would go with that if you're going to run it in series, as the flow restriction is probably a little less than the Maze4 GPU.

Thanks for that. ill take a look at it. how are the swifties for cpu cooling? are they comparable to the blocks i listed? they are a lot more expensive from what i can see.

Back