• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what better higher fsb or lower mem timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slimmy

In my rig i can't overclock it any with the mem timings stock at 6 3 3 2 but if i us 11 4 4 2.5 i can hit 210x11 stable:)

Is it better to run lower timings or higher fsb?

Slimmy said:
In my rig i can't overclock it any with the mem timings stock at 6 3 3 2 but if i us 11 4 4 2.5 i can hit 210x11 stable:)

Is it better to run lower timings or higher fsb?

If you test both configs, you'll have your answer.

If you are running 200MHz FSB then at the timings you posted, 200MHz will be faster.

I personally tested on my NF7 that:

(2-2-3-11) @ 225mhz > (3-4-4-11) @ 245mhz

My CH5 (lower bus speed) was a good 200mb/s faster than the PC4000 @ its rated speed.

higher fsb is always better then your actual resulting clock, as the FSB relates to system wide bandwith, and clock is just your cpu processing.

a nice combo of the 2 suits well in the end.

you also dont want too loose of timings... if you can settle for a slightly lesser fsb and tighter timings.. that will perform the best on nForce2.

cl2T has the fastest respsonse time. cl2.5T is ok, and you feel the diff from cl2T, but if you can make it up with 10MHZ or more increase on 2.5T, then id say go for that latency.

Back