• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V will not accept AMD 1.4 cpu...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yellowglasses

I am using an asus a7v kt133 mobo (rev1.01.) it has been upgraded to the latest bios (1011)
The max Cpu i can run is an Athlon 1.4 (200mhz FSB)- which i now own. I bought it to push the limits of this board.
Unfortunately i can't get the board to accept the chip. The CPU is good and I have tested on other newer Asus boards.

I have been running an AMD Duron 600 over-clocked to 850 for 4 years now (Stable? we woN'T get into that, let's just say it worked well). This set-up was done using the jumpers on the board:
Voltage Regulator Ouput Setting: 1.825/1.85 volts
CPU External frequency Selection: Cpu 100mhz, PCI 33.33mhz
I/O Voltage Setting (VIO): 3.56 volts (default)
JEN set to jumper mode (PINS 1-2)
Cleared the BIOS (short the CLRTC)
Now,
if i set the JEN to jumper free mode, turn off the dip switches DSW and set the Voltage regulator Output Setting to jumper free/CPU default, I should now be able to set the CPU settings in the BIOS- Nope.
the system beeps once, boots up and goes to the BIos for adjustment. - Save and exit, reboot, and the system beeps, starts up, checks system and the reboots again over and over.

So I can't jumper free the duron600, let alone the 1.4cpu.
When I install 1.4 I get NOTHING, no beeps nothing
QUESTION:
Has my over zealots actions in over-clocking the Duron 600 affected the Mobo? or Am I missing something?

Back