• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Umkazar

Registered
Hey, we got windows xp, i installed it on my computer and we upgraded the other so it could be used on it. We are on a router so both computers have the same IP address, will we be able to install it and use it on both computers?

thanks.

Not without another license. You will need to buy another client license to install on 2 computers. As for IP addresses, your network will not work with both computers having the same IP address. The router will have one external IP address, and one internal address. Each of your computers will have to have different ones from eachother and from the routers internal address.

oh, is another licence cheaper then the entire xp package?

Also, if i was able to get another code from somewere whould that work as well?

You can buy just the Serial, but I am not sure where you can get them. It think you can call MS and ask to buy another Serial. Buying just the serial should be cheaper than buying a new package with CD, Manual, etc.

Back