• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athalon 64 3400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

James McGee

Registered
Anyone watercooled an amd 64 3400 yet? I am thinking of pulling the cooler off my old P4 and getting me a new block. I see Danger den has a couple of blocks that might do the job, has anyone tried them out yet?

There are a few members on the forums running water on theor A64's. I believe that TC is one of them, check around to see who has them too. Im sure you will get some people posting in here. Besides, water cooling any CPU deffinatly helps out one way or another.

I have water on my A64.

I'm just ushing a maze3 with the new top, but I'd go for the RBX if I was starting new.

is 2.35 all u can get with water cooling??? Can u get higher with a 3400 and what are u benchies comparied to the 3200 and 3400?

Well, it's all I can get until I find Vmods for my board. 2.35 is all I can get a 1.7V.

I'd like ot be able to run 1.8-1.9V, but my board doesn't support voltage that high.

Dukemurmur said:
is 2.35 all u can get with water cooling??? Can u get higher with a 3400 and what are u benchies comparied to the 3200 and 3400?

At Hardforums I actually saw a couple of people running their A64 3400+ @ 2.5GHz using just a slk-948U and some 92mm fan. But they had to set the 5:6 divider (make their memory run at DDR333) to push their HTT as much as possible.

Back