• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

value ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dutchmaster420

i have 2 sticks of 512mb kingston value ram in dual channel...pc3200

i know these will not get me good oc'ing at all but will i get an ok amount of fbs with a 2.6c

how much did you pay? I went to go look today at BB and it was $160 for 512mb PC 3200. Waaayyyy too expensive.

Actually some Value RAM has really nice overclocking chips. Look on the side of the chips, and tell us what's written on them. That way we will be able to determine what the overclocking ability will be. If they are Hynix BT-D43 RAM chips then expect them to do very high speeds with loose timings (not a prob with an Intel system).

I just got some PC 2700 and my chips are blank. Any idea what they are? Right now it's running at 194mhz w/ 2.9volts. Timings are 2-3-3-5.

Dutchmaster420 said:
good or bad then?

Micron is bad ***!

I bought some sdram that said Infineon on the package, but it too has the mT marking just as yours. It is PC133 sdram, that OC like nothing I ever had.

Dutchmaster420 said:
how can i test the oc'ing of my ram seperatly from the cpu

Didn't know you could?

But you could set everything to ultra in the bios, then do a memory bench with sisoft sandra?

Or?

You could set the multiplier of the cpu (if unlocked) lower than it should be, and raise the fsb? Then do the memory test to see if it holds up.

Yeah, Crucial is a division of Micron. I think Micron stuff overclocks ok for the price. I've seen several people with Curcial pc2700 sticks reach 200 mhz.

Micron's ram is rated to do Cas3 only, I doubt their chips are much different, for that reason I doubt if it'll do cas2 @ rated speeds. As for the overclocking, I'm almost positive that their ram isn't gonna do great.

disk11, my Kingston PC-2700 BH-6 does 220 2-2-3-5 @ 2.9v :)

Suma.

In case anyone is interested, Kingston has the retail dual pack of value ram on sale through the end of March for $90, less a $10 rebate for a net cost of $80 per the 2 x 256 pack. I ordered two packs and they both had the BT-D43 chips on them. My local BB has them at that same jacked up price of 160 after tax. Their displayed stock was also ALL Hynix BT-D43. I looked in a CC but theirs were Kingston branded and selling for about 120 before tax. It seems like there's a bunch of those chips floating around right now. They're known to do 250 - 260 and sometimes more so depending on what you're looking for, its a good buy for an Intel rig, I think.

Back