• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

White water question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nitrix

Registered
I was wondering if the AL topped version worth the extra 10 $ ?
Beside looking good...is it supposed to keep the corosion away ?

I would buy the aluminum top over the poly, yes the poly looks good but mine cracked and leaked everywhere,most likely my fault
as it was leaking slightly and I tried to tighten the barbs but still I have never had a metal top leak near the barbs, I bought a replacement copper top from logicooling and it has worked awesome!!:)

My Poly cracked, too. But like Milkman, probably my fault maybe putting too much side pressure on one of the barbs. The Poly is really delicate. I replaced it with a Copper-Top from Logicooling.
I will try to attach a pic along side the Poly. The Copper is taller and combined with the copper base makes for one hunk of metal.

Attachments

• coppertop.jpg
    coppertop.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 158
Pntgrd said:
My Poly cracked, too. But like Milkman, probably my fault maybe putting too much side pressure on one of the barbs. The Poly is really delicate. I replaced it with a Copper-Top from Logicooling.
I will try to attach a pic along side the Poly. The Copper is taller and combined with the copper base makes for one hunk of metal.

which finish is that?

pauldenton said:

which finish is that?

Just the machine. I had thought of maybe polishing it up when I got it, but the barbs are sealed in and I don't want to break the seal. It is pretty good looking the way it is, anyway

the aluminum top is better because it wont crack, but if anything it is not to prevent corrosion. it is anodized, but if that is ever worn away or eaten through or whatever, the aluminum will cause corrosion. all copper is a nice route to go, but the aluminum top is a good solution. i had one and dont mean to scare you away from it, but just wanted to clear that up. if you were choosing between aluminum and poly, go with the aluminum. if you are choosing between aluminum and copper, copper would be better, but its really expensive, and i dont know if it would really be worth it, but its up to you

hmm

just add some dex cool like i did even tho i dont think my HC is rly alum it looks similar to yours(the chevett

Go with the aluminum top, but make sure you use an anti-corrosive like Dex-Cool. I would recommend about 25% DexCool, 75% distilled water. It should work well for you and you won't have to worry about leaks.

Back