• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could a BIX handle a cpu and a maze4-1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
I want a light case, I"m looking at a lian-li or coolermaster case, but I'd have to ditch my big caprice core for just a BIX.

Would it handle it alright you think? assuming I gave it 2x70cfm fans?

sandman001 said:
I want a light case, I"m looking at a lian-li or coolermaster case, but I'd have to ditch my big caprice core for just a BIX.

Would it handle it alright you think? assuming I gave it 2x70cfm fans?

think a chevette should be possible (certainly in a Lian-li) - could probably get 2 caprice's in a PC70/71/75!

Sure why not? thats for a CPU and GPU right? THe BIX rev2 performs about the same as chevy core i've heard, but its more restrictive that the chevy core.

Yeah, it will work. You may not be able to clock as high, and your temps might be a little bit higher. Thats the price you pay for compact size and mobility.

If you're planning to add a peltier to that Maze4-1, then forget about using a BIX. You'd probably get no performance increase over not using a peltier if you use a radiator that small.

Without a pelt, it would be all right.

I'm in the same boat. I'd probably use a thermochill 120.2 or 120.3 and mount it to the top of the case, which is what I'm planning on doing for my thermochill 120.3 if I have enough to go w/c. The Maze4-1 only has an 80W pelt, so I dont think it'll put out too much heat...

I'm already using the 80watt TEC on the maze4-1.

I geuss I could not use the TEC if it would hurt my temps alot.....But, I like it, and would like to keep it if possible.

my BIX 2 with 4 120's (100+CFM),Mag3, couldnt handle a 220w TEC. if the CPU (OCed) was over 90watts (sandra), the temps just kept going up till the OC wasnt stable.

(sandman001, when/if you ditch your big caprice core, PM me ill take it off your hands...id like 2 caprice in my 2 loop project. hay, ill trade ya a chevette core + for the caprice....PM me)

Last edited:
Running a p4 3.0C with a maze3 I was getting 38-40 load with a BIX compared with 60 load with a zalman 7000. I switched to a BI Pro and got no temp difference. So if a BI Pro can handle it the BIX definately can.

Back