• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got the highest k7 FSB in the world (not)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bulk88

I was messing around with a MSI k7D dualie board, this board has a powernow aware bios (lol, 760mpx doesn't have powernow in the datasheets) that makes the processor boot at the maxium speed you can shift upto. SUPER SUPER annoying. Anyways using cpumsr I decreased teh multiplier to 4x and look what I got in WCPUID. I swear to god I didn't fake this screen. And this is reproducable. Also I did put a prometia on the northbridge and gave it 6v, NOT, JK :D

HIGHFSB.txt

I have no clue whats going on under the hood. All I know this is one of those annoying bioses that boot at the speed of l6, not of l3 as they should.

You have really poor chipset support frankly, it doesn't show a powernow screen or even FSB or multi. Teh screen shot is below, this is on a MSI k7d master board with the 760mpx chipset.

nofsb.txt

Wow now that is crazy. I bet the fsb is not really that high as the memory definately cannot take that.

Hellfire said:
Wow now that is crazy. I bet the fsb is not really that high as the memory definately cannot take that.
LOL I have water cooled pelitiers running on my DDR 550 sticks, and I am running them at 3.8v.

Back