• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing BIOS without floppy drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chronos_s

Hey guys,

I just don't have a floppy drive. never needed one... anyway, is there a way i can still flash my bios? I've thought of bootable cd's buti think you need a floppy image to do that don't you?

itshondo said:
I have used the Abit "Flash Menu' application many times, works great. You launch it from windows and either have it do an online (latest) BIOS update from Abit or you can have it use a file of your choice.

You can dowload the application as well as the official Abit Bios files here -

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios.php?categories=1&model=6

have fun!

Hey tx man, I just flashed my bios! worked like charm,I too do not have a floppy and never flashed a bios before!
Could not have been easier.

Just make sure that you do not flash running an O/C. Never know what can happen if you do.

{PMS}fishy said:
Just make sure that you do not flash running an O/C. Never know what can happen if you do.

Wow! Good to know that, i had just took her down to stock speed
earlier today to test temps in a new place for my pc.

Tx a million!

I can't get it to work. I've downloaded the flash133 and it says modify, repair, and something else. What am I doing wrong

Back