• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question about shrouds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I have just about finished up my radiator part of my external box. I have the shrouds made but I was wondering if you have to have the sides sealed where the shroud fits over the radiator. Like maybe good old Duct Tape covering the radiator/shroud sides. I hope you can see what I mean from a pic.

Attachments

• radiator.jpg
    radiator.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 280
walkerIV said:
Perhaps the aluminum tape used in ac would be more stylish for your setup than plain duct tape.
I hadn't thought of that, thanks.

yeah, you want to make it so air can only go from fan to rad to fan, and not escape or get sucked in any other way. you should also try to get the fans tight up against the shoud, so no air can escape or be sucked in there.

you should also try to get the fans tight up against the shoud, so no air can escape or be sucked in there
They will be. It is just sitting on the desm with no nuts and only the outside threaded rods in the pic.
Here is another idea. How about putting a strip of window seal foam inside the shroud where the edge of the core would hit? That would seal it up pretty well, I would expect.

Back