• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange NF7 bios problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmybighands

Hi guys. I have just reverted back to trusty old AMD :)

The NF7-S I have is acting quircky. Here's the deal. I can set my BIOS to normal settings for my 1700... All default. I installed windows, installed all my programs, etc... but if I ever shut the machine off, when I turn it back on it boots to the 100fsb setting.

I have to go into bios (where it has SAVED all my settings!?) and just save and exit everytime. I dont have to reset everything, but I have to enter, save and exit. If I overclock it to say, 200*11 it runs fine, but again, if I shutdown the next time I turn on the machine, it boots at 100fsb. Any thoughts on this?

Also, it makes two beeps everytime. One quite beep, and then the POST. Seems strange to me. I thought maybe it was doing this becuase the CMOS battery was dying/dead?

I had the same thing going on last week - it was my new power supply. I hooked up my old one and all was well.

I\m having the same problem tho.. for the past 2 weeks..
i just moved from country to country....

it makes the 2 tones siren... and i can't get the FSB more than 155 with multi of 10 -_-'' or else it will BEEPS again.. then shut then start with 100*13..... and the board now read it AMD Duron, not AMD XP. -_-''' this is so annoying tho... anyone have any idea how to fix the problem?

install motherboard monitor and check out your voltages if you can get into windows. If you can't, check the voltages in "PC Health Status" . Let us know what you are showing. I'm suspecting your power supply or a corrupt bios.

i check everything tho.. eveyrthing was fine...

anyway.. i tried flashing the tactic's BIOS... so far.. no beeps.. no shut down and running/still testing at 200+ x 10.5 :D

Well, I flashed my BIOS so I dont think that's corrupted... and my PSU is an Antec 430TP. Any other ideas?

hm... i'm out also... i dun really know wat exactly happen to the board.. i though it was something else.. hm.. sorry man.. i can't really help with this

PS. mine still beeps something.. weird -_-''

Thanks anyways guys. Over the last couple days, it's started up normal, but I still have the double post... hmmm

Double post? It's restarts itself after 1 post then u have another?
That means it's changing the bios counfiguration.

Btw, Timmybighands - What bios version do u use?

Suma.

yeah, I guess it's a double post. I get a quite beep... and the screen flashes with the video card info... then it goes blank again, and I get a regular loud post, then the boot process starts.

I'm using the tictac SATA bios right now - but it did this with every other bios I used before that. I've used 19, 21, and tictac's.

I've tried the same BIOS' and here is my issue:

PS~ Sorry in advance but since I don't know how to link to another exact post this is an exact duplicate of what I posted elsewhere:(

I don't want to hijack the thread but this seems to be the closest the issues I am having that I have found.

I have tried 3 different BIOS'; the 19, tictac's and the 21 (current).
No matter what with all 3, after following the rules perfectly (on ABit's website) every time I get the normal CSUM Error with the option to press F1 to continue or DEL to enter BIOS. If I even enter the BIOS, the system hangs and cannot start Windows! After clearing the CMOS for anywhere from 5min to 30min at a time, it will finally reset and the process starts all over again.

If this was my system I could learn to live with it if I had to, but it is a friends system that I am putting together for last X-Mas (a little late) and I don't want him to even think about the BIOS let alone have him screwing with it!

Here are the specs:
CPU: Barton 2600+, Memory: GEIL Golden Dragon Dual Channel DDR 1GB (2x512MB), HDD: Maxtor SATA 80GB 8MB cache 7200rpm,
DVD/CD-RW Sony, Video Card: Asus Radeon 9600XT 128MB, P/S: 550watt.

Any ideas would be a much help and would also be much apprecated!!! Thanks you all in advance!!!

Back