• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Increase OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The fewer sticks of RAM you have, the higher FSB that you can run. More sticks can limit your O/C, as you are only as strong as your weakest link. Also some MBs don't clock as high when running DC as opposed to SC.

Sophisticated said:
there isnt much of an increase in dual channel any ways...what you guyz rather have ..Sc 512 or Dc 512x2 or 256x2

It depends on what you are doing. DC on Intel really makes a huge difference. If it is an Intel setup then DC is a must.

On an AMD I really don't care as there is not that much of a difference.

I deffinatly would rather have DC 512x2 over DC 256x2. That one is a no brainer.

Thanks for the input. I guess I have what I need already except for maybe better quality. What would you recommend?

A little off topic, but if I where you, I would look at upgradding the CPU before adding more memory. You will see a bigger difference going to a P4 than adding another 512mbs of RAM.

Back