• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK, this is strange

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr. Strangelove

Some where in middle America counting crows
I was priming a 238 x 10 in the third hour and it locked up. So I reduced the oc in bios to 230x10. When I start cpuz it says my fsb is 197. I shut down and went back into bio and set the muti @11 and a fsb of 166 just to see whats up and now cpuz says my fsb is 143.2. Is my bios corrupted?

First and foremost, I recommend you use a beta bios (if you aren't), as they are much more powerful and stable than the official bioses. I had a problem with my 2nd LP B where I could o/c into windows but ANY type of benchmarking on the cpu (sandra, 3dmark) would shut down the comp. The solution to this problem (and an OVERWHELMING majority of DFI LPB & UI problems) is simply a PROPER CMOS reset; that is, with the battery out and everything. Try that if you have not done so as it can be a life saver in many frustrating situations with these boards. If you want to be sure of the absolute proper method, I would suggest you head over to www.amdforums.com and look for the correct and complete method somewhere in a sticky.

Well as suggested I pulled the bat to reset cmos and that helped but the highest fsb I can acchive now is only 210 were before I was pulling 238 when it locked 3 hours into prime (thinks it was heat on the mosfets). Thanks for the help. It's late and I will try again tomorrow night after I get some more sinks in place. testing 1,2 testing 1,2....Is this thing on??? And to all a good night.

Back