• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC age: can it still go higher?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Junglebizz

I have been having the urge to overclock my system some more because I have been reading about people using less cooling on the same board and achieving higher overclocks.

I have had my system oc'd for the last 8 months at 2415 (11.5x210), and i was wondering if after a length of time, you can't overclock higher anymore? Can a chip become 'burnt-in' to a certain speed if it's left there for a long time?

I really want to get back over 2500MHz again, or higher.

If you want 2.5+ I would say get a mobile 2500 and as allways with the right cooling 2.5 would be possible with the cpu you have IMO.

It's a nice overclock. PSU brand is important when discussing 2.5 GHz OCs so put it in your sig.

It;s pretty generic. OKIO i think is the brand name on it. It's 450w rated. I went through the ratings on the PS and it puts out a fair bit of power, though i don't remember how much exactly. I haven't really had big problems with overclocking, just the occasional lockup with prime95. I wonder if i should try more than 1.85v...

I think i'm going to run through my fsb again, see how high i can get. From my old test results, i hit 222 fsb and it was stable, with an 11 multiplier (2442 MHz), i should try to get that high with an 11.5, see if that's possible..

Back