• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is the Athlon 64 3000+ OC'd > P4 3.0C @ 3.6Ghz ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReTiCuLeX

I currently have a 3000+ on the way from a buddy of myne, and I was wondering if I should be botherd buying an ABit K8T board for it from newegg ? This is of course if this setup would superceed my P4 3.0C @ 3.6Ghz in games that I play. All your suggestions / comments are apreciated, thanks guys and girls ahead of time.

- ReTiCuLeX

Steven4563 said:
yes it will be faster for gaming by about 10% overclock that 3000+ and the gap gets bigger

Er, what? A 3000+ is faster than a 3.6GHz P4C by 10%?? I doubt that very much. I've recently went from a 3.6GHz P4C to an FX-51 @ 2.5GHz and there isn't that much difference in performance - certainly not worth the price of the "upgrade".

well the 3200 beats a 3.4ee in most things. But it also has more cache then the 3000 so if u oc the 300 to arounf 2.4 it will beat a normal 3.6 i would say not by much but it will. So yes it will be faster but not by much. So if u don't want to spend the mony for the new mobo keep the old p4 and possibly get some better coolin for a better oc on it.

Yeah guys, I guess I'm gona wait for the PCI/AGP locking boards, for now I'll just hold my breath and look at my 3000+ in the box when it arrives tomorrow.

Back