• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In danger of sounding n00bish, but did this just happen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prevail

Registered
Sup folks, just registered here after i read thru 18 pages of your mobile xp thread and decided i should toss up this question, so heres the story.

picking up my mobile 2500+ from fed-ex this morning, will be messin with it tonight hopefully if i get the chance.

Last night i felt like seein what i could do with my palamino 2100+ before it got the boot, i had previously been running it at 13.5x143, 1.75V, hitting around 45C under load. So last night i upped my voltage to 1.8 and relaxed mem timings a little and got it to post stable at 13.5x150, i was pretty happy with that but figured hell why not go a little further. so i tried 13.5x155 still @ 1.8V and it wouldnt post. no biggie right? just clear the cmos and do some more tweaking. well, after clearing the cmos with the jumper. it still wouldnt boot, so i pulled the battery and powercord for a good 15 minutes then tried again. still no boot. tossed in an old 1700+ and that would post fine. gave my 2100+ the evil eye and told it i was going to feed it to my dog if it didnt post (figured some tough love would breathe life into it) tossed it back in and still nothing. WTF, so did i fry this chip just by playin with the FSB? 1.8V core isnt very much, and my temps were fine in Prime95 when i had it set to 150FSB, (round 48C). i dont quite get it. there was no smoke, no funny smells, the slug looks fine on it.

so anyone know wth happened? should i just forget about it and make myself a new keychain? id like to run the 2100+ in my second pc instead of the 1700+

thanks for readin, post your thoughts if u got em, thanks!

welcome to the forums.it should have worked after you threatened the processor with feeding it to your dog,other than that i would have to say it should still work.it happened that way for me a while ago,so after leaving my computer off for about an hour because i was frustrated i went back hit the power button while tapping the insert key and bam i was back in buisness.i hope it will do the same for you.

ha yeah that dog can help.......RMA it i called up amd(15 yrs old) and the guy was very nice to me and didnt hang up because i was too young.o fried my barton and i even told him that i overclocked i sent the CPU in and just the CPU and got back a retail box..call up AMD if its under warentee(3 years) and tell them what happened.......i think the guy i got was tony u might wanna ask for him =P

Back