• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mcp600 barb size

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squeezecat

does anyone here have the mcp600, and of so are the barb 1/2 id??
just wondering, are thgood pumps, looking to get rid of my current pump.
Also do they do well with high head, it will have to pump all the way to the top of my case

Yes they are 1/2" barbs for use with 1/2" ID tubing.

Mine was weak when I first bought it so I returned it to Swifty for an RMA and have yet to use it since so I can't help you with performance.

I think its good for highly restrictive blocks. But Ok because the flowrate is somewhat low.

I have one but havent really used it LOL. I only use it to test stuff but i will use it soon tho. I currently use via1300 in my wc.

Last edited:
MameXP said:
I think its good for highly restrictive blocks. But Ok because the flowrate is somewhat low.

I owned one but havent really used it LOL. I only use it to test stuff but i will use it soon tho. I currently use via1300 in my wc.

I think you'll find that the moment you attach some blocks to it, that the MCP600 will almost always perform the same, or better, than the Via1300, despite having a lower free-flow rate.

Remember: flow is proportional to pressure-head, and the blue swifty gives more head than the Via at anything below about 2.5GPM.

Yes sir Cathar, you have PM from me few days ago hope you check ;).

I know i will use MCP600 for sure but i'm waiting for a new pump head replacement so thats why i still use via1300.

If I did any mod to the inlet on the MCP600 I think attaching and sealing a resivuor to the intake would be about as good as it could get......

diehrd said:
If I did any mod to the inlet on the MCP600 I think attaching and sealing a resivuor to the intake would be about as good as it could get......
I have designed such and even have some tooling costs

2 problems:
pump + res SIZE
market DEMAND

it is not clear that we can recover the tooling costs and make a profit

i only wanted to use it to cool my n/b and video card im currently usung the via 1300 for cpu, can anone recommend a good block for the 9600xt??

squeezecat said:
...Also do they do well with high head, it will have to pump all the way to the top of my case

Don't worry about static head (elevation). You recover the energy when the water comes back down. The headloss that you need to be concerned about is the induced headloss due to the flow through the system (frictional and local losses).

The head vs. discharge relationship of the mcp600 is such that you should get a good flow rate, even through a fairly restictive system.

Back