• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Palomino Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElectroX

Banned
I have somewhat of a system in my room: Can't overclock anything but the slowest of the 3 pcs. This system assures me that I will always have two good working pcs, and that its ok if something on the third one dies :D . Well now my 1600+ is at the bottom of the food chain, and I wanna OC it. I have bought the Iceberq copper chipset kit for the AK32A north + south bridges (I highly doubt I needed it, but it was only $10 and it looks so pimp). I like it being a 1800+ at the 145fsb and it will fly through anything in safe mode at it, but as soon as it gets into windows it freezes within 5 minutes :confused: . I'm wondering if my vcore is not high enough? I took this pic of my CPU options:
1600oc.jpg

I'm nervous to give it more vcore because that s***ty psu already gives it too much. So do you think I should give it more?

A couple more questions:
1. Is the "Auto detect dimm/pci clock" the same thing as a pci/agp clock lock?
2. This board will post and run f@h in safe mode at upto 150fsb... I'd like to go more, but I'd prefer to not be left with a smoking pile of parts at the end of the day. How will I know when enough is enough?

*EDIT* - BTW, temps never go above 41c @ load.....

Last edited:
I selected the +0.025 vcore option and it's been folding in xp for like ~30 minutes now. Maybe that fixed it? It registers as 1.79 v in mbm, and temps only went up to 43c load.

What is that "spread spectrum" option in your bios, I have it in my ak35gt/r.

Avg said:
What is that "spread spectrum" option in your bios, I have it in my ak35gt/r.

"Spread Spectrum - Reduces the EMI generated by the motherboards clock generator. It does this by modulating the pulses so that the spikes of the pulses are reduced to flatter curves. So that it doesn’t interfere with any other electronics in the area. Leave disabled for optimum system stability and performance, enable if you have problems with interference."

Sounds useless :rolleyes:

Found this:

"Auto Detect DIMM/PCI Clk

Common Options : Enabled, Disabled

Quick Review

This BIOS feature determines whether the BIOS should actively reduce EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) and reduce power consumption by turning off unoccupied or inactive expansion slots.

When enabled, the BIOS will monitor AGP, PCI and memory slots and turn off clock signals to all unoccupied and inactive slots.

When disabled, the BIOS will not monitor AGP, PCI and memory slots. All clock signals will remain active even to unoccupied or inactive slots.

It is recommended that you enable this feature to save power and reduce EMI."

So it basically just detects wheter or not to communicate to empty PCI slots?

Back