• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AQYHA 2600M doesn't like > 1.825V?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trvtec

Registered
Hello, been searching the last few days, figured I'd post up here to see if anyone had any insight. I'm running a 2600M in my DFI LP NFII A currently at 11.5*217, prime stable at 1.825V. However, when I go any higher on the voltage, i'm lucky if I get into windows, and running Prime is out of the question. But, 1.825 I can use Winamp, play UT2k4 demo, and prime without issue. I've checked my 12v, 3.3v, and 5v leads on my multimeter and everything seems fine (only cause for possible concern would be that my 12v likes to sit at 11.8v under load). This is all from a leadman 400W PSU, about 14 months old. I just applied the AS5 on Friday night, think it might be possible that it just hasn't cured well enough yet? I've run 2V to my Barton 2500 desktop CPU in the past, though I haven't done that for awhile. Any ideas? Even if I am at the limit, I've gotta say that these mobiles are just awesome... Oh, I'm using the big Dr. Thermal HSF with an 80mm Tornado and my temps according to MBM haven't gone over 46c load. Any help is greatly appreciated and BTW, great forum! EV.

well, my barton 2500+ M can handle temps well above 1.825v on air and just searching the massive barton M thread will yield similar evidence of that, so it's not a specific prob for the M line.

AS5 "curing" time would'nt contribute to such a significant problem either. After it cures it'll only amount to a 1-2c degree temp diff.

Have u tried any other multipliers and fsbs to see if u can push your chip further w/ higher voltages? i ask because overclocking is funny like that, sometimes choosing a diff multi and fsb actually yields better results. In my case i could'nt do above 2300mhz w/ 10.5 x 225 without winxp crashing, but once i tried 11x 225 or 11.5 x 220 i could run prime95 stable. Then again the nf7-s is known for having faulty 10 & 10.5 multipliers.:-/ Worth a try though.:)

trvtec....I have the same stepping as you (see sig) ...i haven't been able to do any testing with it since I dont have a motherboard yet...I just ordered the DFI NFII ULTRA INFINITY and hopefully have it here shortly...will post results when I get them...

Well I may have figured it out... I pulled it back apart, put my Barton desktop 2500 in, and booted up to a 2V successful prime session. I then scrapped the AS5, reverted back to AS3, was extra careful in cleaning up any residual TIM, and i'm now priming at a lowly 2.2G, but at 1.95V (mbm reports 1.89 core). I'll keep everyone updated. EV.

Yea, so that didn't work for very long. It's "lasting longer" than it did earlier, but is still freaking out over high load issues. I have no idea at this point, my desktop barton doesn't pull this kinda crap, i do know that. Always my luck, heh... EV.

New update: Been priming at 2.0GHz @ 2.0v for testing purposes, going on 8 hours and counting. Anything over 2.2G@ 2.0V ends up in a crash - power supply or motherboard? Help me decide. Thanks, Todd.

I've put this thing through some pretty insane temps to test it (fan controller) and my 2.5G @ 2.0V temps don't come close to my [email protected] with the fans all turned down, that resulted in near 60C temps which is fine with me short-term, and it was stable. I'm really startin to think my motherboard just doesn't like the load of having a high clock and a high vcore. I'm not sure, but thanks for the suggestion. Todd.

Back