• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Midtower Lian Li Radiator Options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

It_The_Cow

Long story short - I'm thinking of switching over to watercooling for the rig I plan on building. The case I've already bought is a Lian Li PC61, and I'm having some issues finding a radiator that will fit without having to extensively cut up the case. I'm currently thinking of having two Swiftech MCR80 on the back exhausts or in front, or one 120mm radiator/heatercore in front. However, I refuse to cut the front bezel, so air will still be restricted by the stock 2 x 80mm intakes. I also dislike the idea of having to make a larger blowhole and having to move my optical drives down 1 or 2 slots. What would you guys recommend for such a relatively cramped case?

Personally, if it was me, I'd cut a 120mm blowhole in top an duse a black ICe extreme or Black Ice pro.

If you are dead set against any cutting, then, I'd go with of those swiftech rads in parrallel.

well from what you said you pretty much narrow your choices down to 2 black ice micros. Those will be restrictive and performs probably equal to Black ice pro. To cool only CPU , its good enough.

http://unoid.net/watermod/

theres how I fit a black ice pro in my lian midtower. you can fit a extreme/heatercore in the top there with two 120mm fans.

you cna mount 25mm height 120mm fans inside the case, still sucking air through a blackicepro/extreme and still have use of the bottom 2 5.25" drive-bays. I decided to put my 120mm fan on top beucase the alum looked good on the outside.

Back