• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard,bios,or power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brian770

Registered
Ok, I just picked up a biostar m7ncd-ao2 ver 3.0 it has the nforce2 chipset and i realy like it so far, except for one thing !! I cant get the clock to work!!! I sent the first board back and just recived the new one , same thing. the clock in the bios dosent move when you look at it. and in windows it wont keep time either. the vendor said he hooked up my send back and it worked fine. my power supply is a antec 350 model sl350. all my rails show up all well within the "norm" the bios i am running is current so now i sit here and scratch my head. i havent done anything different from other builds ive done. i just added a few new fans- one on the vidio card, one on the chipset, one in front of case, one on back of case and the cpu fan , before there was no chipset or vidio card fan. i dont think two small fans would cause this. what else am i missing??? thanks for your help!!! brian770

souAre you leaving the Power on to the PSU, or using a master switch on your surge protector and shutting the power off? If thats the case, your battery may be bad. They use some cheapies. I had a new board do the same thing, but I was shutting the master off. We get some pretty violent thunderstorms around here, and I had a computer and a entertainment sytem get wiped in one bolt of lightning. I have a ups now.

Back