• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New egg's mobile xp 2500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kikaida2003

Registered
Is new egg's mobile xp 2500 unlocked or locked? If it's an unlocked cpu I will probably purchase it today. Just need some advice on it. Thanks

yes its unlocked. just got mine in this morning from newegg. running @ 200x12.5x1.725 2.5ghz at the moment. need to unlock higher multi's on this board to get more outta it.

As far as I know all mobiles are unlocked. I'd wait for some expert input though ;)

*EDIT* Prevails message wasn't there when I was typing...

all mobile athlons are unlocked. i probably shoulda said that. its the nature of AMD's mobile powersaving theory.

ive never used either. but have heard plenty of good things about the NF7-S. that board also doesnt suffer from the 12.5 multi cap w/o wiremodding. not positive if the an7 has the workaround builtin or not. im sure someone will fill me in.

I haven't heard of the software problems with the AN7 being fixed yet. So I would have to recommend the NF7-S V2. If you have really good memory, akin to BH-5 and want to go above 250fsb. The DFI Lanparty and Infinity boards are really good to.

kikaida2003 said:
Determining which board should I get with the mobile xp 2500. The Abit AN7 or NF7-S?

They are the same MB. The AN7 adds uGuru and that pretty much it. There are more BIOS revisions out for the NF7 and its a little cheaper, so I would probaly go with that.

AN7 has 3.2 vdimm i dont think the nf7-s does tho..but nf7-s is a little more stable even tho mine is fine....cept i fried agp slot need to get dfi ultra infin

capmuffin said:
AN7 has 3.2 vdimm i dont think the nf7-s does tho..but nf7-s is a little more stable even tho mine is fine....cept i fried agp slot need to get dfi ultra infin

The NF7 can be easily modded to 3.2v and more.

Back