• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP Sp2 Features

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got done taking sp2 beta off of my machie.There are some cool things with it but I did have or see some bugs already with the beta ver.For some reason the downloader with windows quit working it would get to the part where it starts and just sit there and not responed but if u clicked open instead of save to this location it would start the download?The new windows updater looks good I like that part.When it is installed it will let u set up the new microsoft firewall I did not run this so I dont know about it.But it puts a icon in the system tray and tells u offten that the firewall is disabled.It also will tell u if u have a virus scanner or not and tells u to get a virus scanner.It also changes somthinges in control panel adds two new icons and in the system properties there are changes on the hardware tab.There where some other bugs in there too.But I just un-installed it last nite.I will be building a test box tonight to do the beta test with.This was build 2082 if I rember right I would have to look back at my email to be sure.

For this OS being so old i can't beleive it is taking them this long to release another service pack......but with windows i never hold my breathe.

The delays to Longhorn have played a big part . WinXP's replacement ( Longhorn ) was initially bandied around as having a 2004-2005 ship date but is now well past that . Thus several features which would have come out with Longhorn can't wait and will be released in XP . In fact there are now several strong rumours that a second edition of XP will be released , so far it's called XP Reloaded .

Back