• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show my lian-li PC60 water rigs!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Well, I'm thinking of getting this case, and I'm just wondering how I could mount all my stuff, or get new ideas from you guys.

Anything similar is fine too. I'm having trouble finding any pics.

Its a pretty small case to get WC in. I have mine WC, but no pictures, no digi cam, and no where near my computer atm. I had to remove the 3.5" drive bay and HD bay and move my HD's to the 5.25" bays. A Chevette heater core fits perfect in the little area and has enough room for a shroud and a 172mm fan attached to it. I've only got my CPU and Video card WC right now. Although everything is inside the case and its pretty easy to bring around to LANs since it's fairly small medium case.

Some suggest the bigger PC-6x cases. Or a h700b case. Though I guess you're looking for a medium size case? The PC-60 would work, but I'd suggest buying a cheaper aluminum case since all aluminum cases are getting relatively cheap. Though I do love my lian li :D

I"m looking at the Pc-65, the kingwin KT-424, or the coolermaster midtower.

Having trouble deciding....many troubles.

See Sig

wholecomp.jpg

MameXP said:
wow that is compact. How are the temp? I've thought of trying the dual 80mm rad.

They're pretty good considering I'm running my cpu, gpu, and nb on the same loop. Temps stay right at about 48-50c. Load, idle, varying room temp from 20-26c doesn't seem to make much of a difference on temps. Vcore is currently at 2.125 by the bios, so it's prolly more like 2.08. The voltage on my chipset is 2.7v I believe.

FYI, those are 4 80mm H1A's on my rad. I've got a 80mm stealth blowing in below my psu, and a 120mm M1A blowhole. My case temps are 30c at 20 ambient, and 39c at 26 ambient. I swear the temp sensors on my NF7-s are really screwy......

I'm very happy with the setup, it's not super quiet, but it's still a whole lot quieter than that stupid Thermaltake GF4 cooler I had. Being compact is nice too. The addition of a mag3 or mcp600 would prolly do better than my L30 due to the 3 water blocks.

EDIT: Just thought I might add, my 72gig raptor is very happy at the bottom of my case, dead silent and running at 30c :D

feyd83
how is that hard drive secured to the case floor, that is a good idea.
i've banged my head against the wall trying to relocate my two hard drives.

it's a zalman heatpipe hdd cooler, it comes with 4 rubber isolation mounts that screw into the bottom of you hdd. there are also 2 sets of holes on the side for mounting it in a 5.5'' bay, though it's a bit of a stretch. I just used the included sticker that marks where you need to drill and drilled 4 holes in the bottom of my case. Very nice of them to include it

Nice rigs guys.....I saw a nice one I liked over at XS too.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31723

Now, I have a couple decisions to make. I can get a lian-li Pc-65 case, and mount my radiator how he did. Or I can get this case:

http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchan...ROD&Product_Code=CF1006&Category_Code=S-Cases

Then, I would put my BIx in top, and pick up another BIX or BIP for the back. I think if I would do that, I could keep my maze4-1 and 80watt TEC.

The only drawback is no thaving a removable motherboard tray, but I geuss that isn't that big of deal, the case looks like it has a decent amount of room.

Or, my last option, is to get this case:
http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchan...ROD&Product_Code=CF1009&Category_Code=S-Cases

And jsut use my caprice heatercore in the top with 2x120mm fans, but to be honest, it's a bit more than I wanted to spend, it will also probably be heavier.

What do you guys think? I want a clean rig above all else.

Why'd you have to post that Lian-Li? Now I'm going to have to get that and the new Cooler Master Stacker. :cry:

the intakes on my Lian-Li 60 series leave much to be desired. I built my first PC last month with a 6070A "silent" case.

I didnt realize how much heat my XP3200+ would put out. Now I'm trying to find a way to exhaust it better. It is nice to see that I'd be able to fit a WC in it.

On the other hand. It is DAMN quiet. I can only tell its on because im using it this very moment :p

Back