• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which type of anti-freeze?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JasonKosi

I'm redesigning my WC rig for my new Antec SuperLanboy and was curious if anybody has done any comparisons between ethylene glycol-based antifreeze (generally green in color) and the newer propylene glycol propylene glycol-based antifreeze (generally pink/red/orange in color).

I know the propylene glycol antifreeze is slightly less toxic and it is colored more closely with the red theme that I'm aiming for. I also have heard that it will evaporate more readily than ethylene glycol-based antifreeze.

Anybody else have any opinions?

Hm, I dunno. I acutally just picked up a bottle of pink stuff. It seems much more fluid than normal thicker antifreeze. So far I haven't been using any, but I when I do it won't be subzero anyway.

Seems like this propylene stuff might give slightly higher flow rates (depends on ratio of course) but I haven't heard about either its corrosion resistence or its freezing point.

Back