• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 overvoltage jumper = no boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vaneesbe

Registered
I'm trying to OC a XP-M 2500+ on an A7V333.

I can run at 2.52Ghz @ 1.85V for awhile before programs start crashing and the computer ultimately reboots. I get to 1.85V using the on board jumpers.

I think 1.9V will get me there, but I can't figure out how to achieve it. I can get 1.9-2.0 V using the onboard jumpers in combination with the OVERVOLTAGE jumper. I check the voltage achieved in the bios.

However, whenever overvoltage is enabled, it simply won't boot. It posts and begins to boot, but either the WINXP boot screen goes on forever or I just get a black screen after awhile. I never actually get into Windows.

What's the deal with this? Can anyone help me out with how to achive a bootable 1.95V on an A7V333?

Are you just setting the overvolt jumper or are you setting others aswell? if you are setting others leave them alone and just use the overvolt jumper. A word of caution though, I used it a year or so back on my old 1600+ and it set the vcore to 2.1v and I could not get it any lower until I put the jumper back. On a side note the Mobile 2500 Barton works on your a7v333? if it does that's good news to me.

Overvolt Jumper

It is my understanding and I could be wrong , But I was under the impression that the overvolage jumper on the A7V333 set vcore to 2.1 volts unconditionally. It doesn't matter where any of the other jumpers are put for vcore. 2.1 volts would require some pretty intense cooling to work. Just my 2 cents.

Back