• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to Watercool???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigemike

I have been an avid OC'er for years, and now I am managing a retail computer store. I have a guy who is doing some recording and uses his box to work with. Anyways noise is a big issue and he wants water. So break me in easy, I would like to spend about $150 and not have problems. He is cooling an athlon xp3200 (32bit) at stock speeds. He also has all-in-wonder ati 9600 and an nvidia nforce mobo.

Let me know whaqt kind of good water cooling I can get for around $150-$200. I personally would prefer a kit or to buy it from somewhere that is going to have decent tech support (i know that there is always this forum to help but sometimes it is nice to call someone).

That TT ain't the greatest, but it's "functional". Take a look at the Corsair Hydro cool or some Swiftech kits, and especially the Dtek flowmaster kit. They run around 200 but would run a lot better than the TT kit. H2O is no big deal as long as you set it up methodically and cautiously. As long as you do that you might as well get decent parts.

yea don't buy that TT kit u can build a better kit. like Voodoo Rufus said " the Dtek flowmaster kit" that would be my recommendation if ur looking for a kit instead of purchasing the parts individually.

If you don't go for a kit, grab a chevette heatercore and a 24v 172mm fan. Rig the fan for 7v to be almost silent. Then buy either melamine or some dynamat(depending on case and hardware) for sound deadening. Should be quiet and have really good cooling.

I have a friend who has the TT Aquarius and he likes it. As long as you aren't overclocking anything it will be sufficient, but you won't get any spectacular temps, but it will be quieter.

Asetek has a water kit, and the Corsair are the only units that I have seen that I think I would recommend, although I haven't looked at that stuff for a few months......

Even a fairly low-performance kit may be sufficient for a stock system: not great temps per se, but quieter than air at similar temps.
Just don't expect GREAT things...good things are possible with a kit for that money though.

Back