• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seeing as how we dont have any stickies ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheTick

How can I break 2.6 ghz?

Im at 2.54, and I can not get past it.

My settings are 11.5 X 220, with 1.85 volts going to it.
Ram timings are 2-2-2-11 with 3.2 going to the BH-6, memtest passed. Temps dont break 41 at idle.

I can not get past 220 fsb or get into the 12 multiplier to get into the 2600 range. Give me some help people. Any ideas? Links, anything at all. Thx

I want to break 20,000 3dmarks, and im only 200-300 points away.

What bios are you using? The betas are the only way to go.

Also, you may want to try different voltages on the chipset and possibly the ram to see how that fares.

If you can't get 20k @ 2.54 you should focus more on fsb overclocks (especially with an LP B and Mushkin!). I get 20k on my current setup in sig and 21k @ 2.5.

My computer wont let me in with 230 fsb ... maybe I need some aftermarket cooler on the NB, but from what I read it wont make a difference in fsb, the passive cooling northbridge should be good enough ... not a whole lot of repsonse in the DFI threads for this

Back