• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Summer is coming, my load temps raised 17°!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoKtEm

I'm running a ehiem 1250 with a Maze 3, I used to have my 2800+ overclocked but now I turned it down to stock voltage because the temps were getting too high o_O! eventaully I even turned the FSB back down to stock and the thing is running at 58 degrees :mad: does the higher room temperature make that much of a difference? I live in california so my room temperature isn't even that hot, only 85 F/29C right now.

I used to be able to fold with it being around 42-45, today is just scary

Yeah, over here in Davis this warm weather has my idle temps raised 10C over what they were a week ago.

That's why I test my max OC in summer and leave it.

Kinda funny talking about weather in a cooling forum. :D

Ah finally, pay back. All the time I keep hearing about how low this guys temp is and how low that girls cooler is. Well of course, when your house is surrounded by 10 feet of snow you might as well go all passive. Just open a window and let sub-zero air into your rig you don't need to bother with cooling, just use the air movement caused by a hamsters' wheel.

Welcome to my personal computer heating hell; living in Florida with a ****ty A/C unit. Oh sure you quip at my 55C Intel 3Gig CPU temp, well maybe that's because it's 7000 degrees outside and molten lava is pouring from my walls.

So remember to include your ambient temperatures so those of us in living in a burning swamp can extrapolate.

/rant over :) I need another shower

i just jumped up to 40~42 idle...:(
on my volcano 7+.

stoooooopid summer making me downclock......

if only i had a/c.......

your temps raise be withing 10-20 degrees of ambient, so if its 29C then your cpu shouldnt be over 49 i would think. Your water cooling setup can only be as good as ambient, at the best, unless you bring in pelts. But over a 30 degree difference seems to high to me.

Back