• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual ddr and bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

menace

Registered
hey guys i have a nfs-7 w/ a 2800 barton corsir 2x256 dual ddr pc3200. now here is my problem i been unsuccessful to get this to register at a dual ddr 400 it has registered at ddr400 and dual ddr 333. what and i doing wrong or is there something messing. I have one stick in the 3rd slot closes to the vidoe card and the other one in the 1st slot that gets it dual ddr333 i think. or is this a bios issue. Please advise thanks. :p

unsure what u mean by the term "register" ? if you have 1 stick in slot 1, and 1 stick in slot 3, and you set the fsb to 200 with 5/5 or 6/6 memory divider, then you would be at 400mhz dual channel DDR. no bios settings involved besides setting your fsb and memory divider.

J.

I will check that Thanks for the input.. What i mean by register is when i boot my computer it does a memory test and tells me what mhz it is at ex. dual ddr 564 @333fsb

I got it going at dual ddr 400 thanks plus i oced it to 2.2 using 11.0 but i do have another question with the ram i am using 3/3 but there is also 400mhz at 5/5 and 6/6 what is the difference between them please advise

Ya I have seen the same I just didnt know if there was a difference. See you can set it to something like 5/6 and it will tell you 456fsb but I wasnt sure if i wanted to go that router because there is not enough difference that is noticable. I would still like to see if anyone knows what the difference between 3/3 and 6/6

Back