• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Mobile 2800 XP-M !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why, that's like buying a 3200+ desktop XP instead of a 2500+ dektop XP, it makes no $ sense to us... we'll overclock the 2500+ as much or close to 3200+ OCs for a fraction of the price per MHz.

The point is that the Xp-m might still be set to run at 1.45V, if so it might be even more of a BINNED chip than the 2500's.

With the prices of the Xp2400m differing from the 2600M by a mere $25 one might take that chance.

To me if the price was within $20-30 of a xp2500 I would jump at the Xp2800 and the chance for a 3.0ghz on air.

The point is that the Xp-m might still be set to run at 1.45V, if so it might be even more of a BINNED chip than the 2500's.

BINGO!!!

I cant wait to make it scream!! This is the chip I was waiting for!:bday:

Ouch, $250 for a $97 chip?---yes it runs well BUT,

I have a mobile barton at 2700 Stable on AIR with a sp-97 on it and it still only cost me $97. I can post it and run sandra with 2800mhz but not prime stable--and at 2.050V 92mm vantec tornado blowing down the house and the back fence as well.

Anywho, I will very interested in seeing how the NEW 2800'M perform when available

Ive got a 2400 that does 2550, my roomate is still waiting on some results for the 2800 mobile as well, see if it does any better ...

Same core - unlikely to be any improvement - just that AMD have finally realised that these babies can go much faster than they anticipated.

I'm thinking that they are the best of the best chips. They can run 2800 speeds at 1.45 volts insteed of 2500 @ 1.83-85. So then u could get a much better oc with the same amount of voltage. So it wouldent to hard to maybe hit 2.8-3.0 ghz. So with water 3.0-3.4 then prommy maybe just maybe 3.8-4.0 but i think that we need to pull in or heads a bit i think that we are hoping for WAY to much from this chip.
But hey we cn hope can't we?!?!?!?!

ya we can hope , maybe it will do good . but most likely it will be like the 2400's , 2500's and 2600's

but i cant wait to see what it does , i comes out june or july i for got which one

Dukemurmur said:
I'm thinking that they are the best of the best chips. They can run 2800 speeds at 1.45 volts insteed of 2500 @ 1.83-85. So then u could get a much better oc with the same amount of voltage. So it wouldent to hard to maybe hit 2.8-3.0 ghz. So with water 3.0-3.4 then prommy maybe just maybe 3.8-4.0 but i think that we need to pull in or heads a bit i think that we are hoping for WAY to much from this chip.

i doubt that u can get 4.0 ghz with AMD barton core. even intel with longer pipe, getting 4Ghz is a problem already, doens't really matter what cooling u put it on. getting H20 will only allows u so much, maybe 300 mhz max, those who has the m-barton hits around 2.5 mhz on air, 2.7 on water. i don't see any 3ghz that's stable yet.

Dukemurmur said:

Yes but a XP2800+ Barton will be around 2 - 2.1Ghz at default - I am willing to wager that most of the XP2400, XP2500's etc that are overclocking to 2.5GHz and above at 1.85V just now can do 2 - 2.1ghz using 1.45volts (default) - hence I dont see any improvement once the XP2800's come out - its a case of diminishing returns on headroom just like any other mature cpu. Just like it is a case of diminshing returns when increasing voltage.

that was the hole pull our or "my" head out of the clouds thing. With a prommy u should be able to break 3.0ghz?? at least i would hope as because if u cant then it ain't worth the $999 bucks for it. What is the sense when some are alomost there with water cooling this higest on water i have seen is 2.98 with out any voltage mods this was with a mobile chip on water. it was at the max voltage that the mobo would allow i think 2.1?

I'm confident that I can get my 2500M over 3.0 when I get my OLD Vapochill out of Mothballs.

I can run it on an SP97 with Vantec tornado SOMEWHAT stable at 2800mhz with 2.050V.

Just hoping for perhaps a NEW stepping when the 2800M is released in the 1.45V version

Back