• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W2K ODBC question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

camper

Hello,

DO you guys know if Win2K is capable of supporting 2 data source at the same time, example, 2 softwares, 1 using DB2 and another uses data from Oracle or unix.

The goal is to use 2 versions of a software that will grab data from DB2 and Oracle or unix on 1 box with duel monitor support.

As of right now, eevery one in my dept has 2 computers.. it makes us look like we are supper smart hehe.

Thanks for input.

Camper

are you saying you could operate 2 softwares that will use 2 different data sources at the same time? please confirm.

Example : software #1 -DB2 source / neon, software #2 Oracle source could work in the same OS at the same time and 2 computers are a over kill. A workstation with duel monitor support could replace 2 computers?

Thanks

Yes, I suppose - i.e. when you use MS Access, you select an ODBC source inside the program, that means you can launch something else in parallel and use another source...

Back