• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KHX3000K2/1G or Kreton pc 3500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The KHX3000 from Kingston is no longer BH-5. You may be able to find some at resellers that has BH-5, but the odds aren't bery good.

are you its not bh5 it doesn't have a in the model #. Anybody know anything about the kreton.

Yeah I know lots about the Kreton. I'm likely one of the very few on here that own some. I've got 1GB of the PC3500 that's sold on Newegg.

mem.jpg

I'll let the image speak for itself. 100% stable in Memtest86, Prime95, you name it. I have yet to see anyone post speeds higher than that on a comparable Athlon system.

I can't think of any other memory other than BH-5 that can obtain these speeds. This RAM does CL2 - 3 - 3 - 7 up to 219 mhz fsb stable (MemTest86 tested throughout).

Does CL2 - 2 - 2 - 5 up to 201 mhz FSB.

I've tested CL3 - 3 - 3 - 7 up to 245mhz stable. Memtest86 runs all day and night at this speeds, but it fails Prime95, because my chipset will not even post past 245mhz FSB.

I found my highest RAM bandwidth was with 230fsb at 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 11 timings.

I hope this helps. I am 110% satisfied with this RAM at the current price. In my opinion, this RAM wins in the price per performance category, hands down.

Guys Im really thinking about jumping on this kreton ram because ppl are saying the kingston may not be bh5. Does anybody have any idea what the kreton is? What do ppl think about it compared to other ram? What would you buy to put on this board?

There is no "A" version of KHX3000 memory. The "A" designation only applies to KHX3200 (KHX3200A is CH5 2-3-2-6, KHX3200 Non-A is BH5 2-2-2-6). There is still a semidecent chance of snagging KHX3000 with BH5, but the chances grow slimmer and slimmer with each passing day. If you really want BH5 KHX3000, then Zipzoomfly is probably your best bet at this point

jkj said:
are you its not bh5 it doesn't have a in the model #. Anybody know anything about the kreton.
Well you talked me into it :p I just ordered on newegg. Where did you get yours?

Oh and have you removed the heatspreader to see what kind of chips are on this ram?

I can't wait now all I need is just a heatsink and fan. Either a slk 947u or sp97 with artic silver 5 and either a vantec tornado or panaflo. How is nanotherm thermal paste? Im pretty sure I want the as5 Im not however sure on either the tornado or panaflo anybody know of a site that shows how much of a temp difference it is?

I got mine from Newegg. I bought them for about 90$ a stick of 512mb. In all reality I could not be more pleased. At this price, this RAM is highway robbery.

I did remove the heatspreader. The labeling on the chips revealed no information whatsoever on who makes these chips.

Check out this website: http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~yok/TENJIKAN-DDR.htm

It shows what the most popular chips look like. The Kreton 3500 chips resemble none of these. T-Rex ######### 0348 was printed on the face of the chips (###, I don't remember it was just random numbers, and I lost the paper I wrote it down on).

Furthermore, I purchased some PC2700 Kreton "Value" RAM off Newegg, which had V-Data chips, with a VT logo on the chips themselves. Perhaps this PC3500 RAM uses some of the better V-Data chips (which have been known to hit 250+ fsb) in disguise?

Thanks your post adeplhia, it really helped me make a quick decision. Anybody got any help on the whole fan difference thing?

Last edited:
jkj said:
I can't wait now all I need is just a heatsink and fan. Either a slk 947u or sp97 with artic silver 5 and either a vantec tornado or panaflo. How is nanotherm thermal paste? Im pretty sure I want the as5 Im not however sure on either the tornado or panaflo anybody know of a site that shows how much of a temp difference it is?

I think the temp difference would be negligable. Six in one hand, half dozen in the other.

I compared the Tornado against my ThermalTake Smart Fan II, and the difference was like 1C full load in favor of the tornado. With the tornado, all that noise, and the extra cost of a fan-controller to subdue it , I kept my TT SFII, because it has a temp-probe and rheostat included. I use a Thermalright SLK-800A btw...

I'm not sure how the Panaflow relates in noise, but I bet the temp difference is next to nothing.

Back