• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What additive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Contra

any of you people use additives that leave your water clear?

i wanna go back to clear water, but i want tihe protection of antifreez

Both Zerex and Water Wetter will make your tubes cloudy/hazy. Even Zerex Super Protectant will eventually make it cloudy eventhough it's clear.

I used about 5% Zerex Super Protectant and it made it cloudy in about a 1-2 weeks.

If you want your tubes to stay clear, just use any dex-cool antifreeze of about 5% and about 20% if you have aluminum.

I use a 20:1 combo of water wetter:distilled water with about a tablespoon of iodine thrown in to the mix to take care of the biological nasties. This mix has worked for me going on 6 months + now. To cut down on the tube discoloration/clouding from water wetter, I've found that if I let the mixture sit for a few days, a pinkish red distillate forms on the bottom of the container. Simply put the water solution in a new container, and you've got a kick*ss solution that will not cloud your tubes at all, and will only slightly discolor them. Further, removal of this distillate from the main solution does not appear to adversely affect the solutions potency (as far as corrosition inhibition, etc)...

Back