• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with nForce3 drivers for A64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vice

Registered
Has anyone had problems with the nForce3 drivers?

I loaded Win XP onto my Chaintech nForce3 mobo with an A64 3200 CPU. The computer was running fine until I loaded the nVidia nForce drivers that come with the mobo. After loading them, the computer takes 15 minutes to start windows and about 5 to shut it down.

I reloaded Win XP and everything ran smooth. I loaded the nVidia drivers again and got the same slow boot ups.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this problem, since there is nothing strange about my build that would make it the exception rather than the norm.

could be something wrong with ur cd if that is the case go to the mb web site and down load them or go to nvdia web site,do the same.

I found the solution.

My computer does not like the nForce IDE SW driver. That is what was causing Windows to take 15 minutes to lad. I used all my motherboard drivers except that one and it works fine. Of course, this means I cannot use my Chaintech ZFU3-150's 3rd IDE slot but that is fine by me.

Back