• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beep codes for the Infinity Ultra??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr. Strangelove

Some where in middle America counting crows
OK, after runing memtest86 for seven passes @235fsb on pass 7 I pulled over a hundred errors with my Muskin 3500 lv2 so i backed down to 230 and restarted memtest. In the middle of pass one it locked and toned me on reboot. I reset cmos by pulling the battery and rebooted, tone pause tone, reset again same thing tried 256 in slot one same thing swapped and no change, dual in slots 1 & 3 no change. Where can I find a listing for the beep codes??? This DFI is really begining to **** me off. It won't even make it to post.

Last edited:
Found the codes, there are only two:
first is video error - one long tone followed by three short tones
second is dramm error - one long tone followed by another.

I'm going to swap the level two to this machine and see if its gone bad.
Fingers crossed

Added after swap

The memory is fine and benches in sandra on my abit machine. So I guess I just got a cheesey board and a bios (1/31) to match. I'm about fed up with DFI. I built a whole system around what I hoped would be an OC monster and have had nothing but headaches and workarounds. Unfortunatly I probably can't RMA it because I modded the NB sink to the SB added sinks to the mosfets and added a thermalright NB1 to the NB with AS adhesive. Any thoughts on a next step for a possible fix or is it trash?

Last edited:
Just talked to Randy @dfi San Jose tech support and the only fix he could recommend was sending in the bios chip for reprograming. It will take about a week or more for turnaround. Fortunatly NewEgg will have my new Abit NF7-S here Thursday. This DFI I will use in my mothers computer, hopefully with a reprogramed bios chip it will be able to handle the blazing stock speed of a duron.....but I doubt it!

Forget DFI!

Back